California's Senate District 16, Yours to Love, Ours to Protect
Contact Information. email: Vote@ElectRuthMusserLopez.com Call 760.885.9374 www.RuthWave.org
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Ruth.MusserLopez Twitter: @RuthMusserLopez
Hi, I am Ruth Musser-Lopez and I am asking for your support.
Do you care about:
- clean and abundant air and public water?
- well-paying careers, not just jobs?
- protecting Medi-Cal and working toward guaranteed health care for all?
- protecting community-based, disability support services?
- affordable housing?
- quality education including the arts, theatre, and music?
- repairing our roads and bridges and increasing transportation services?
- common sense gun safety laws?
Do you want to bring funding to Senate District 16 for these things that you care about?
I will already be on the right side of the aisle in a supermajority California legislature to be able to bring funds to the valley and the rest of our district for these programs and services. ActBlue now>>>click here.
I am a former federal government archaeologist, a businesswoman who operated successful property management and archaeological contract businesses while a community activist in Needles, CA. I am currently attending graduate school to obtain my master's degree in Applied Archaeology at Cal State San Bernardino.
I authored a voter initiative to stop the disposal of nuclear waste in unlined trenches above desert aquifers with over 20,000 signatures.
I conceived and founded a now nationwide, archaeological site stewardship program to protect our remote heritage sites.
Now I want to work for you during this pivotal time to make our tax dollars work for us.
While CEO's and Executive's compensation is skyrocketing, workers suffer from layoffs, unemployment and stagnant wages. I will work closely with labor unions to help them increase wages, raise the standard of living, ensure safe working conditions, increase benefits to both workers and their families. Workers need fair treatment today as much as ever...the "Me too" movement proves it. Employers are trying to shed responsibility for providing health insurance, good pension coverage, reasonable work hours and job safety protections. As the nature of work changes, working people need labor agreements made possible by the collective voice and bargaining power unions provide to keep employers from making the workplace as it was in the early nineteenth century.
Say NO to my opponent Shannon Grove whose ill-conceived "tea party" Republican ideology shows that she would put corporations before people, shut down the government and end our social programs including our public disability services. She supports privatization schemes and goes along with the proposed corporate water heist in the East Mojave by the Cadiz corporation. She says “jobs, jobs, jobs” but would make it burdensome for employees to fight the abuses of employers. She supports Trump whose tariffs and anti-immigrant worker policy threatens California's $27B agriculture trade with Mexico. She is heavily supported by the petroleum industry which explains why she blames the drought on God's punishment for pro-choice legislation rather than global warming connected to the burning of fossil fuels. Her cruel votes to roll back prevailing wage schedules and against fair overtime pay threaten our standard of living. Her skewed interpretation of the 2nd amendment would cause havoc in our streets, putting our communities in jeopardy from the uncontrolled sales of human assault weapons fit or retrofit with automatic ammunition magazines.
"Enough of the glitzy, picture-perfect imagery of Senate District 16 my Republican opponents would have you believe...the truth is that particulate matter in Kern County makes its air quality one of the worst in the nation leading to heart disease, lung cancer, COPD, and asthma, shorter lifespans than in neighboring counties.>>> It is reported that:
- Kern has fewer doctors per capita than Marin and other neighboring coastal counties. Ruth is already on the side of the aisle in the California Senate that can bring back the Medical School to Cal State Bakersfield.
- Short of reparations paid to victims who become patients, Single Payer health insurance is in order along with more doctors, and more publicly held hospitals.
- Pollutants from the oil-based industries as well as the "overkill" caused by seasonal controlled burns cause lung disease as well.
- Opioid use is rampant in rural America and overpriced drug prices and lack of medical aid is not helping.
- Fracking and the legacy of the oil and gold mining industry's proprietary toxic chemicals has resulted in the lacing of our public drinking water and now threatens a meteor size crater in the Castle Mtn. National Monument--a treasure that our current Republican state woman seemed to wear blinders to.
- Toxic groundwater pollutants introduced by Canadian mining companies and the groundwater heist threatened by LA's Cadiz Corporation currently threatens the East Mojave aquifer so critical to the habitat of the rare and endangered plant and animal species living there.
- Environment and water. The need for trucking clean water into Tulare County and the surrounding rural farming communities is a symptom of systemic regulatory failure brought to you by the Republicans now controlling SD16 through their candidate hush money. The same thing is happening in Newberry Springs. Climate change brought on by the impact of large human populations, requires a new science of water conservation, restoration, and reuse, but how can we get science in action with ignorance running amuck in the form of Republican Shannon Grove's insane thinking that climate change is an act of God's punishment of women having abortions.
- Schools: The lack of supplies in the public schools is a sign of misplaced priorities. The missing high speed internet (absence of "net neutrality") in rural schools and communities is an injustice. Salaries for teachers falling short of other public servant salaries is disparate treatment of those responsible for the education of our most precious asset--our children and our state's future. And for cripe sake, whose insane idea is it to have teacher's toting guns into class? Shannon Grove's?
- Veterans. 1) Healthcare is an unresolved issue with the Republicans promoting the unacceptable idea of privatizing the VA through private clinics --instead, we must redirect military dollars to peacetime efforts including new publicly owned medical facilities. 2) Pensions. The burden that the revised military pension cut places on retirees is in effect throwing our veterans under the bus and into the hands of the wolves of Wall Street to navigate their retirement pension future on their own.
"Haven't you had enough of Republican obstructionism, inaction, and corporate cow-towing? If six years wasn't enough for Shannon Grove to get something done in Sacramento on behalf of the people...then why would anyone give her four more?" --Ruth Musser-Lopez >>>
Video: "Hispanics--We Decide" (Get out to vote messsaging).
Copyright by RUTH MUSSER-LOPEZ for CA SENATE 2018 (FPPC#1403226)